Sunday, February 17, 2008
Snakes and Arrows....Again
Remember the days when Rush would release an album after every fourth studio album or so? Well, now they are turning into Pearl Jam, about every half album they turn one out. Where Pearl Jam releases live albums solely to fund their socialist regimes, hair dye for Eddie Vedder and designer crap bags for Stone Gossard (cheap shot, I know), Rush does it for the fans and for the music baby! Not because they want to retire in style or keep up an expensive lifestyle or anything, fuck no. Well, they are releasing their Snakes and Arrows live CD April 8th for us geeky, sexless masses (hopefully Wonder Women can help us out with that). I wasn't even going to buy it considering I already have Rush in Rio and R30. Two live albums in 5 years is enough. Then I took a gander at the set list, look at these John-O and Mike.
2. Digital Man
3. Entre Nous - They've never played this live, ever.
4. Mission - YES! YES! A MILLION FUCKING TIMES YES!
6. Monkey Business - Should be great live.
7. Larger Bowl - eh..
8. Secret Touch
9. Circumstances - YES! I've always loved this song.
10. Between the Wheels - Probably won't top R30 version.
11. Dreamline - Always a crowd pleaser.
12. Far Cry
13. Workin' Them Angels - I really like this one. Wonder how it translate live.
14. Armor and Sword - Another that grew on me a lot. Though it goes on too long.
1. Spindrift - eh...
2. The Way the Wind Blows - Goddamit.
3. Subdivisions - Will DEFINATELY not top the R30 version.
4. Natural Science
5. Witch Hunt - Interesting, I likes.
6. Malignant Narcissism - Drum Solo - Looks like Neil tweaked his solo a tad.
7. Hope - I hope this doesn't put me to sleep. ZING!
8. Distant Early Warning
9. The Spirit of Radio
10. Tom Sawyer
11. Encore - Never heard of this song. Joke by the way.
12. One Little Victory
13. A Passage to Bangkok - Wasn't this song that Steve and Scott couldn't stand?
So I'm pretty stoked. Rush will probably get another $20 of mine. I wonder if this will be the same set list they play when they blow through here again.