Friday, April 4, 2008

Maybe I'm Not An Old Crusty Fart After All

Actually I still am but I'm proud to say that I actually like a album produced in 2008, actually TWO. Here they are...

The Whigs - Mission Control - Mind you, they aren't breaking any new ground but they did make a pretty catchy album and it doesn't sound toooo much like the whiny, pussy crap that passes for music nowadays (there's the old fart I know). Decent songs, decent musicians, finally another group besides Minus The Bear that are younger than me that I enjoy. I'm giddy.

the other album

Bob Mould - District Line - Bob Mould is my hero, 47 years old and still banging out great rock tunes. Though some of the tunes on this album are kind of puff there are some decent tracks. Those of you that don't know Bob he's the guitarist/singer/songwriter of Husker Du and Sugar. Husker Du is probably one of my favorite bands of all time.

No comments: